The combined flavor of the chicken and the green beans make these cookies a low- calorie, high taste treat. They are high in fiber, and with the Vitamins A and C, they are healthy.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Makes: 36 treats
3 1/2 cups (500g)- Whole wheat flour (fine ground)
1 cup (120 g)- Cornmeal
1/4 cup (50 ml)- Skim milk
3/4 cup (175 ml)- Chicken stock
1/2 cup (130 g)- Green bean puree (green bean baby food works well)
- Blend the wheat flour and cornmeal together and set aside.
- Whisk together the skim milk, chicken stock, and green bean puree.
- Slowly add the flour mix to the bean mix until you have formed a stiff dough.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll out 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick and cut into shapes with cookie cutters (or make flattened balls) and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F (180C) for 35 minutes or until the cookies are crisp.
NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN PER SERVING:
cal 56.34, protein 1.78 g, carbohydrate 11.47 g, sugars 0.21 g, dietary fiber 2.03 g, fat 0.30 g, saturated fat 0.04 g.